Kryce-Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kryce-Online Is An Online Adventure Role-Playing Game. Designed To Bring The Best Entertainment For FREE!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Global warming?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Gamesucker
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Gamesucker

Global warming? Empty
PostSubject: Global warming?   Global warming? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 9:35 pm

can someone help me with it? i don't getz it DX
Back to top Go down
https://kryce-online.darkbb.com/profile.forum?mode=viewprofile&am
Hellblade
Chain Poster
Chain Poster
Hellblade

Global warming? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Global warming?   Global warming? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 2:15 am

I had to do a project on it l ast year, i can tell you what I know, although I do not believe in it Razz
And, well, not all of it may be right, I did it last year..

Basically, greenhouse gases in the atmosphere (like carbon dioxide) block heat (in the form of radiation) from escaping the Earth to go into space, and thus, heat is trapped in Earth and so yeah..the Earth gets hotter..

That's a small little summary..here's some more.

Why does heat want to get out you may ask..well, during the day, the Earth is a dark colour and so absorbs the heat from the sun and at night that heat is released in the form of radiation.
Ice (specifically, North and South Pole etc) is a light colour (well, it's white so it is all colours Razz) and so reflects most of the the sun's heat back where as the ocean is dark and absorbs the heat. The ocean warms up and in turn, heats up the Ice which then melts. As the ice melts and falls into the sea, there is less of a surface area of Ice and more of one for the ocean so the Ice relects less heat back, and the ocean absorbs more heat and melts Ice faster.....

There is probably more that could be said, and I don't know if this helps you but well, yeah...
Back to top Go down
http://aliencreationstudios.22web.net
Deadnlife
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Deadnlife

Global warming? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Global warming?   Global warming? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 3:56 am

Omfg, this should be in debate XD

Its not fact...

In face proof is that the earth has been getting COLDER for the past 10 years....

All the pictures of polar bears in melting ice caps, Note that they took that fake footage in the SUMMER!

>.>

Edit: Sources-Went there, talked to a few scientists, and charitable fundraisers about it....

F..a..k..e
Back to top Go down
http://www.runescape.com
Gamesucker
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Gamesucker

Global warming? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Global warming?   Global warming? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 5:30 am

so... the bad thing would be (If it's true, which is highly unlikely) We get heat and water? I thought those were essentials... so what if a polar bear/penguin/wolf dies? and Don't we have that whole Gyroscope tilting thing going on? So wouldn't that melt away the north pole ice cap anyways? Neutral
Back to top Go down
Hellblade
Chain Poster
Chain Poster
Hellblade

Global warming? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Global warming?   Global warming? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 5:52 am

Think of this - I stole it from an Al Gore movie I saw last year xD

If you put ice in a glass of water, if the ice is inside the water (none sticking out) the water level will not rise when the ice melts, but if some ice is sticking out of the water the water level will rise.

So if the poles melt comlpetely (or mostly), quite a lot of the world would be submerged in water..and us humans cannot breath underwater....Wink

And the heat is ment to cause extreme weather conditions and such...
Back to top Go down
kris_hole
Admin
Admin
kris_hole

Global warming? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Global warming?   Global warming? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 6:22 pm

or this way....

As the climate global rises (by just 1 degree or more) the ice in the poles begins to melt, the more ice that melts means the more cubic volume of water in the oceans. the more water the higher it rises. like Einstein's (i think) theory on displacement.

dont be fooled by the name 'global warming' most people think its bullshit because they called it that and were getting blistering winters. depending on your position on the globe the climate may change drastically than it ever has before, warming only means certain sectors at a time, if its hot in one place it will be freezing in another.

it should be called climate change not global warming. Yes we will have hotter summers but it also has teh same effect on all other seasons
Back to top Go down
http://kryce-online.co.cc
Gamesucker
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Gamesucker

Global warming? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Global warming?   Global warming? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 6:28 pm

and what about other causes, have they been considered? like:
Global warming? Axial-tilt[img][/img]
The Earth spins on an axis that is tilted some 23.5° from the vertical. But this position is far from constant – the planet’s axis is constantly shifting in response to changes in the distribution of mass around the Earth. The Earth is like a spinning top, and if you put more mass on one side or other, the axis of rotation is going to shift slightly.

The influx of fresh water from shrinking ice sheets is causing the planet to pitch over at a rate that may increase significantly in the coming years.
Back to top Go down
Hellblade
Chain Poster
Chain Poster
Hellblade

Global warming? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Global warming?   Global warming? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 7:53 pm

Just finished cutting the grass, with a 4 stroke, 400 horsepower (I think Razz) petrol powered lawn mower, suck it Environment xD
Although, it's not like it uses much petrol, and is only used once every 1.5-2 weeks...and I sometimes hit my head on the trees in the back yard so they need to absorb more CO2..not that, that makes sense xD

But Kris...they say it's because of increased green house gasses, which warm up the planet.
Apparently, it's CO2 that got Earth out of the Ice Age long ago, the volcanoes erupted releasing CO2 and so heat was trapped in so the ice melted, not sure if it's true but...
I don't see how green house gasses can make it colder...I can see how they can make more violent storms and such... although, perhaps there are places where there isn't as much green house gasses so that might be why some places are colder...I don't know...

Global warming won't affect our lives too much (if it exists) so, lets just leave it to our children, or grandchildren to sort it out xD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Global warming? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Global warming?   Global warming? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Global warming?
Page 1 of 1